Personal Lines Account Manager
(posted 9/28/20)The Personal Lines Account Manager position requires experience working with accounts of all sizes, and a knack for identifying new risk exposure. Responsibilities include managing the day to day needs of the client while providing an unparalleled positive customer experience. Actively collaborating with the Personal Lines Manager in order to achieve the common goal of efficiency, team work and client satisfaction is a must.
As the point of contact for customer inquiries, the right candidate will skillfully address the client in a professional manner while building and maintaining those relationships, along with Carrier contacts through placing rewrites, managing renewals and more. Taking initiative to investigate by inquiring with clients and carriers, as well as reading policy forms in order to provide the most comprehensive answers to policyholder questions, as well as formulating risk management solutions is key.
WHAT MID-STATE CAN DO FOR YOU…
- $1500 Signing Bonus
- Highly competitive wages
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Flex Time
- Half day Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Disability
- Simple Retirement Plan with Company match
- Earn Paid Time Off for Volunteering for your favorite Non-Profit
- Company sponsored Continuing Education, and training
- Agent discount on personal insurance
- Community events & Agency sponsored volunteer opportunities
- Newly remodeled office space
- Fun Company events to build camaraderie with team members
- Business casual dress code
The available position is a great opportunity for an experienced Personal Lines Account Manager who is looking to join a collaborative team, in a progressive yet family like environment.
Bachelors degree or equivalent Personal Lines experience. Property & Casualty License. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years experience working in Personal Lines preferably in an independent agency setting.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy. Self-motivated, with excellent organization and time management skills.
Desire to be a part of a positive working environment where team work is key. Must have a positive attitude, exceptional problem solving skills, and a proven history of going the extra mile.
***Due to COVID-19 restrictions, interviews may be done both virtually and in person with the proper safety precautions in place.
Please submit resume along with cover letter including desired hours and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.orgLooking for job security in an essential business?
The Front Desk position not only represents the first impression of our agency both in person and by answering calls with a smile, but it is also key in enhancing the client experience through prompt and accurate transfering of calls, and information within the agency. Through supporting several different departments with various administrative tasks, the Front Desk Associate responsibilities are an integral part of the daily operations of the agency.
Opportunity to develop a career path within the agency by obtaining licensure and filling needed positions as we grow. The potential for growth depends on the need within the agency, the performance of the candidate, and the candidates desire to expand into the business of insurance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer all incoming calls to the Agency, and route to the appropriate party.
- Responsible for mail pick-up, sorting and distributing to appropriate party.
- Post all outgoing mail, monitor and refill postage funds, monitor postage meter supplies and maintenance needs.
- Check for, and distribute all incoming faxes.
- Maintain and stock all shared printers.
- Inventory and order office supplies.
- Maintain and schedule conference room calendars.
- Maintain Agency shared calendar.
- Distribute all incoming email received in the Agency’s general email account.
- Housekeeping duties including, making coffee, cleaning the kitchen daily, running dishwasher if needed, monitor kitchen supplies, keep mailroom and conference room neat and orderly, fill mini-fridge and monitor beverage stock, water plants weekly.
- All agency paper filing and scanning.
- Data entry, as well as additional administrative tasks such as supporting client services departments, and accounting.
- Attend Property & Casualty Licensing classes, and obtain State of Wisconsin Licensure if required of position.
- Assist in other areas of Agency as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Will have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a similar role in a professional environment.
- Professional, upbeat, and friendly demeanor.
- Positive attitude with a Team player mentality.
- Desire to learn and grow within the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Powerpoint a plus.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Outgoing with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Takes initiative & follows direction.
- Desire to learn and seek out more responsibility.
- Adaptable to change.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Adept at multi-tasking without compromising accuracy.
- Punctual and reliable.
Mid-State offers a complete **benefits package including Health Insurance, Voluntary Vision and Dental Insurance, Disability & Life insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan and more!
**Benefits eligibility subject to waiting periods.
Please submit resume along with cover letter including desired hours and salary requirements to email@example.com